Thursday, August 30, 2012

Seminar Teaser

Update: September 1, 2012 - Two more teaser slides for my Labor Day Seminar to the Department. Hopefully this will help the crowd grow from nobody attending to ten people, maybe? These questions are what the seminar will be on.


Original Post:

I am putting together a seminar for Monday and I am kinda proud of this opening slide. Nice to see all the young people and furry animals we've worked with over the past few years. I recommend all PIs do this because rarely do we see the lab family all together, and in one place, unless its for our retirement :) As I said earlier on Twitter two days ago:

One of the top things about being a scientist is watching students become better scientists than you at the same stage.

&

Training students to be better than you at the same stage = progress = 
brighter future for all.  



Photo of bacteria man altered from The Economist, Microbes Maketh Man, Jon Berkeley/SPL

1 comment: